Levira’s environmental sustainability policy
We at Levira not only love the green colour, but green thinking and sustainability are part of our DNA. Levira is committed to reducing greenhouse gas emissions to ‘net zero’ by 2025.
Levira’s overall environmental sustainability policy includes the following action steps:
- Reduce emissions by evaluating company processes and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimize emissions by optimizing the vehicle fleet and its use
- Use exclusively green energy
- Optimize and modernize the technical park to reduce energy consumption and resulting impacts
- Train employees and partners on environmentally sustainable topics
- Actively promote recycling – both internally and among our customers and suppliers.
- Make the best choices to reduce the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Comply with all environmental legislation imposed on the company and the field of activity.
- Implement an environmental management system that complies with the ISO 14001 standard to increase environmental performance
Current Achievements and further improvements
- In 2022, Levira’s carbon footprint calculation showed results well below the market average, and we have reduced the output from 746 tons to 19 tons. Levira’s greenhouse gas inventory calculation has followed the internationally recognized and most widely used greenhouse gas reporting standard- GHG Protocol Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard.
- Levira consumes and sells only green energy as of 2022
- The company’s CO2 emissions will decrease by 10x compared to previous periods with the introduction of the planned measures
- We are sorting all of the waste generated by our operations and recycling 85% of it
- A sustainability and service life cycle program has been implemented to modernize the technology park, which reduces the amount of energy consumed
- A large part of the data centers has been switched to an effective outdoor air cooling system
- We have already installed 5 solar energy plants on our masts, and Levira plans to convert all 22 masts to solar energy.
- The number and mileage of business trips by plane have been reduced
- The company’s car usage policy has been further improved to reduce emissions